O Lord,
Forgive Me,
Cause i am not what I turned out to be,
I Am an antithesis of what Life made of me.
Naive and carefree,
I used to play in the fields.
Future was waiting,
The skies were mine to reach.
The life I had envisioned,
turned out to be a mirage.
As I wandered off course,
Into the chasms of the dark.
They told me my complaisance was necessary for salvation,
They made me an accomplice,
In iniquitous acts against my own nation.
Guns were thrust into the hands that prayed for peace.
Debauched and brainwashed,
I worked according to their wishes.
God relinquished control as Satan was consecrated.
Diabolic leaders made sure,
the importance of power was accentuated.
Blinded By ideologies,
Muted By puritans,
I sabotaged my brethren,
thinking it was for good.
Their blood quenched my thirst,
their cries became my food.
The skulduggery of 'my men',
made matters worse.
The egregious deeds I performed at their will,
were tantamount to a curse.
'Kill if you want to live' was the oxymoron they quoted,
And so further into the tantalizing abyss I was led.
Now as I look at my grave,
sans flowers.
I condemn my acts,
and insatiable greed of power.
Squandering the dainty life,
I slaved for fiends.
Breaking away from all the ties that bind.
The ties I should have cherished,
I should have venerated.
Now I can only watch helplessly,
at the tumult my deeds have generated.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
JOY....Excellent poem.GREAT WORK
Great Job...This one's a GEM!!!!
AMAZING STUFF!
trust me..uv got great skills..all the best for ur writings :)
AMAZING STUFF!
uv got great skills..all d best for ur writings :)
@Roshni
Thanx a lottt for the encouragement...Really...this appreciation means a lot!!
Great job man...........u r really talented in this one......keep up the good work.......
@Suresh
Thanx a lot man...great to know your view on this one!!
D Best...!!
awesome use of vocab and thoughts!!!! great yaar :)
Post a Comment