Monday, June 15, 2009

TwIsTeD FaIrYtAlE

When I first met you,
I was head over heels.
There are no words to describe,
What you meant to me.

At the crossroads of my life,
I found solace in your arms.
Awestruck by your beauty,
I was completely disarmed.

Lost in you,
I digressed from my path.
Turned into a quixotic fool,
I thought our relation would last.

But with passage of time,
everything changed.
Your nitpicking, Your carping,
ruined everything we'd made.

You'd fallen in love,
with the man you wanted me to be.
Accepting me as I am,
was too difficult a promise to keep.

Leaving me unconscionably,
was such an easy task.
I rue I couldn't see the depravity,
behind your benevolent mask.

Now my life's in dire straits,
My path is tortuous again.
Falling in love left me with nothing,
But excruciating pain.

Now the book of my life,
has an unfinished page,
Misery and debilitation,
marked this phase.

The void thus created,
Can never be filled.
It has shaken the very foundation,
On which this love was built.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Another amazing poem..keep up the good work!

Jaideep said...

And thanks again:)

Unknown said...

This is great work..

Jaideep said...

@guntas
Thanx a lot for checking out my blog and taking out some time to comment!!