
As I get ready,
For yet another war.
I start wondering,
Is it really worth fighting for.
Whom am I protecting,
by working against the grain.
Performing unscrupulous acts,
Leading a life of disdain.
Annihilating fellow men,
just cause of their identity.
I rue the fact,
that I have to decapitate my enemy.
Is it worth the torment,
my soul goes through?
That I obliterate a nation,
at behest of power-hungry fools.
Bifurcating families,
Making borders indelible.
Is that what I was born for?
Is that's what my purpose here?
Genuflecting before leaders who act on an impulse,
Blindly following their orders,
Taking lives without remorse.
Risking my life for people so insouciant,
who are indifferent to this pain,
indifferent to this predicament.
Who don't know how its like,
to have such conflicts raging in your head.
And don't care what we go through,
to have them sleep safely in their beds.
Does my life have such a low cost?
Will no one shed a tear,
reminiscing about the reasons I fought?
Will the salvo be the only honor that I ever get?
The honor which only after my death I can taste.
I condemn such a life,
Working for imperious hypocrites.
Who use you as puppets,
to carry out their guile.
Who forsake you when it matters,
at mercy of THEIR adversaries,
Who make you do deeds,
That make you your own worst enemy.

2 comments:
Damn Great!!! Keep it up bro!!!
very thought provking and touching poem....
Post a Comment